How to pick the best phone for you!

Let's look at a couple different scenarios to help you find the best phone.  

1)  Just the basics:
So, you have managed to hold onto your phone for 3.5 years and you just dropped it in a sink full of water so now you have to get a new one. 
Great, get a $50 -$200 phone since you are probably not a power user that is basically the same as your old phone.   

2) The basics plus I'm a little social.  
I use my phone for calls, texts and instagram. 
You want to spend about $200-400 and look at the forward facing camera specs.  

3) I'm very social and need to be connected all the time.  
I use my phone for social media, phone calls, online research, and well basically everything my computer would normally do so I don't have to pick up my computer. 
   This is where it gets complicated...

Do you do this mostly over wireless networks, or 3g/4g networks.
Higher end phones should handle both well, but the newer high end phones have a host of features and the expenses that come with it.

Samsung, vs, iphone, vs moto, vs HTC vs....... etc.

Is one better than the other?   Yes.

But which one is better for YOU, depends on YOU. 

I Don't buy a phone based on BRAND. 

I buy a phone that does what I NEED.  Look for features that you NEED.   Do you need good video conference, do you need a dozen apps to manage social media marketing campaigns, do you need to be able to use it globally or only in certain geographic regions?

Don't think of it as a phone, think of it as a pocket computer that also makes phone calls.
Or a Camera that allows you to make phone calls and surf the internet.

Pick the device, that works with your chosen carrier (I, at time of writing, use republic wireless in the US.)  and meets YOUR budget and NEEDS.

My most recent phone purchase was a Motorola Moto X Pure. I am starting to outgrow its capabilities even though it was a huge technology step forward from my previous phone, has a better camera than my point and shoot, and accesses 3/4G. 

It was a 1.5 year old phone when I bought it but it met my needs and my budget at the time.

Do I want an S9 or Pixel... Well, yeah, but I don't have 800-1000 to drop on a pocket computer. (Still saving)

Oh, if you are going to spend 600+ dollars on a phone... BUY A GOOD CASE!

What features of your phone do you like that made you  choose it over the competition?  Share your experience in the comments for other readers.

Thank you for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

How to copy large files faster.

Smart Home tips.