IRS scams are leaving voicemail. P.S.A.

The IRS scammers are getting bolder.  They are leaving voicemail on people's phones.  I got one a couple days ago.  I wanted to call back and waste their time, but I don't have the time myself.  I may subscribe to the service that does it with a bot.

But please know, the IRS will NEVER call you!
They only send written notices!

The only time they will initiate a call is if you have already called them and they are calling you for an appointment you made with them previously.


Anyone who calls you claiming to be from the IRS is lying!

If you have the inclanation mess with them.  Keep them on the phone until they are cussing and screaming at you.  That is 100% proof they are not IRS agents.  IRS representatives will not threaten or curse or demean you.

On the rare occasion I manage to talk to a scammer I keep them on the phone and make up things as I go to piss them off.  One day I'll catch it on vidov for purely entertaining purposes.  Right now I have a sick kid and a baby due within 2 weeks, so I don't have time to spare for bullsh!t.

These services will waste the scammers time. 

For Phone Scams: http://jollyrogertelephone.com/how-to-send-your-telemarketers-to-this-robot/
For Email Scams:  https://www.rescam.org/

Thanks for reading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

How to copy large files faster.

Smart Home tips.