Are smart phones still a smart choice?


Like everything in life, it really depends.

I now prefer to do a lot of things on my smart phone than I do on my computer. 

Photo editing (light weight) is easier on a smart phone.  In some ways video editing is more  intuitive on a smart phone. There are apps that do just about everything on smart phones where as it is more difficult to find small purpose built apps for PC/MAC like you have on smart phones. 

Calling them "phones" is just out dated as that is really no longer their primary function. 

They are pocket computers!

When you stop thinking of it as a phone and start thinking of it as a computer, it makes more sense why we are willing to spend so much on them...

Wait, it's also a Camera. 

But that's not all, it is a fitness device (or can be used as one).

A GPS.

Don't forget video conferencing. 

Now, perhaps you don't want all those features.  That's okay, you can get a basic phone, but unless you are wanting to take a step back from society and get away from technology Smart phones are a smart choice.   How much you spend is determined by the features of the phone, the provider, their "incentive," etc. 

I'm personally looking more at top of the line phones for my next purchase where as I have traditionally purchased 1-2 year old mid-grade models for cost reasons. 

Now that I do so much more blogging, photography, video etc, I feel a top of the line phone is justifiable. 

So is it smart for you?  How do you use it?   What do you use it for? 

Please share your thoughts below. 

Thank you for reading. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

Smart Home tips.

Is it possible to have to much security?