Tech Toys Go Pro Hero 5

You may have noticed I rarely post about the cutting edge tech toys.  I don't spend money on most cutting edge items because I don't have it to throw around. I have had the GoPro Hero 5 for almost a year now and I purchased it about 2 months before the Hero 6 was announced so I paid full price.

It is a great action camera.   It is fantastic for under water/beach/wet filming.  It's also very small and light weight so it is easy to transport and attach to things in a variety of ways.   The water slides right off the lens when you transition from underwater to air. 

It is very light, has a huge variety of accessories through 3rd parties. 

The digital stabilization isn't bad but it isn't spectacular.   It is better than my MotoX camera phone and does take good pictures but if you want pro quality smoothness you will need a Gimbal. If you use the GoPro stabilization and some video editing stabilization it can make for fairly smooth video.

Also you will want to get a GOOD quality SD card.   It makes a difference in how smooth it records especially with burst mode photos.

I know it has voice control options but I have yet to use them.  I'm mostly chasing my son so manual controls are what I end up using. I will play with them and update this post later, or make a new post.

I'm still learning to use all the features it has but I really haven't had the time to sit down and learn much beyond the basics.

If Budget is your priority and you are just using this for Fun then look at the Go Pro Hero which has fewer features but is easier to use and more budget friendly.

#gopro #photography #videography #techtoys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

How to copy large files faster.

Smart Home tips.