The Pixel 2 XL. New Phone.

Sorry for the hiatus but 1 autistic kid and a new baby meant no free time, or brain power to spare. 

So upon the last update to my Moto X pure the phone became so slow I was starting to curse it all the time. 

My wife was having the same problem only worse.  We DON'T install a lot of junk apps, and we know how to id and disable them. 

Well, after some tweaking the performance improved (a very SMALL amount.)
I understand that updates help protect against vulnerabilities and there were some serious vulnerabilities which required major OS level patches on the last round but the phones became almost unusable for someone trying to run a business from it. 

So we decided to upgrade and get some top of the line phones so we could hopefully last 2 years without an upgrade this next go around.

My wife's was phone was worse than mine and we were going to replace hers first and then mine a paycheck or two later.

That didn't work out as expected.  We settled on the Pixel 2 XL but we did not notice that it has no headphone jack.   That was a deal breaker for my wife as she constantly listens to podcasts and videos while walking around and is not a fan of bluetooth headphones. 

We ended up ordering her a Galaxy S9 (should have got the plus but that is s different article).

As for the pixel 2xl.  I'm still getting to learn all the features. 

I have had motorola's for so long I'm still getting used to not twisting my phone to quick enable the camera.

But the Camera on the Pixel 2XL is GREAT.   I thought the motoX had a really good camera, but the difference is almost an order of magnitude.   I took some burst mode photos on the pixel 2xl of my kid at the pool and they are fantastic.  Even better than what I get with the go-pro hero 5. 

Granted I can submerse the Hero 5 so it has it's use. 

Also the photo shpere pictures and in phone stitching of photo spheres and panoramas is excellent.

The phone itself has great wi-fi range and audio quality.

The internet is fast and I don't have to close all my apps for it to work really well like I did on the Moto X. 

The price is high, but with the arrival of the pixel 3 around the corner expect to see $100 + Price cuts frequently in the near future. 

Thanks for reading.  Feel free to follow the photography on instagram @chewygranoladogs and @chewygraonlafamily.

Thanks for reading.  As always, please feel free to ask questions, leave comments, or request topics. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

Smart Home tips.

How to copy large files faster.