Do Not Give Up!

The journey of our lives is never quite what we expect.  All of us have encountered a myriad of pitfalls, speed bumps, and other hazards as we try to make a living and work on having a career and family.   I've fallen victim many times when too many things go wrong, but the one thing I can control is how I act and react to the challenges I encounter.  I do my best to find the positive in everything even when it is sometimes impossible, but I try.  I have found that I am much happier focusing on the positives in life rather than the negatives and the only thing I have changed is my perspective.

Sure it sounds easy to say. Just think positive!  The reality is that it takes a lot of conscious, continuous effort to truly change your outlook on life. (Also good e-mail and social media filters help!) But the effort is worth it.   Your biggest impediment to happiness is looking at you from the mirror.  Stop beating yourself up over the mistakes of the past!  Learn from them, don't repeat them, and use the knowledge you gained from the to make your future better.

If you have applied to 100 jobs and had no call backs, so what. Apply to 100 more! Sooner or later change will come. Sometimes we have to take jobs or work in places that aren't what we want to do, but we have to pay the bills and keep food on the table.  But change will come.  If you want it and you keep after your goal, you will get there.  Keep applying for new jobs, keep talking to people and networking.  Maybe not having the job you want right now allows you more time to learn, or take an extra class, or finish that game you wanted to, or read that book.   Use your free time to enjoy life and grow your skills that you want to. 

Life is full of opportunity, you just need to keep your eyes open and look for yours.   That way when it comes knocking, you will answer the door. You never know where you will end up. 

Sometimes you need to go knock on doors and make your opportunity.  Just be nice when you do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

How to copy large files faster.

Smart Home tips.