Did you know you already chat with BOTS?

Did you know that when you are doing online chat with a company you are often talking to a chat bot?

They use advanced scripts and keyword searches on what you type in to present answers.

Often they present it in such a way that most don't realize they are talking to a bot.

Personally I always ask the chat bot if I can speak to a human because if I've called or am trying to chat, I know it has a 95% chance of needing human intervention.

Once a chat bot actually taught me something.  You used to have to get a human to manually reset your TWC (Spectrum) modem, but now it can be automated and the request submitted through their website. 

Since then, I have had to call TWC less frequently because I can fix a lot of issues myself, but No chat bot has presented me with something I hadn't already researched.

However, they are more and more prevalent.

Not just in tech support, but there are marketing chat bots now to help sell you on goods and services.  I myself am considering one in the future for an information video course because people like the engagement and interactive feel of a chat bot. 

I did one time insult/offend a tech by calling him/her a chat bot when it was (supposedly) a real person.   Sometimes it is hard to tell because a lot of real people stick to canned responses on chat.

Anyway, if you haven't had a conversation with a chat bot yet, you probably will soon.

Let  me know what you think of them.  Good, bad, indifferent.

If you have a post request, feel free to ask.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

Smart Home tips.

How to copy large files faster.