Adendum to Anti-Virus Discussion

Just another thought on scams: DO NOT DOWNLOAD OR RUN ANYTHING FROM A POP-UP AD! Anything claiming to be antivirus 360 or antivirus 2009 in reality is probably a spyware program meant to harvest information from your computer and are in NO WAY legitimate.

These ads are very sneaky, and masquerade as notifications from your existing virus scanning software. Believe me when I say that none of the programs I mentioned in the previous post will EVER have pop-up notifications that flash, blink, dance, or emit stupid music to get your attention. NONE. A warning in a simple dialogue box is ALL you will get from any program worth its salt.

I know everyone is looking for a bargain these days, but do yourself a favor and simply ignore these pop-up advertisements. You'll thank yourself later, trust me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Virtualization: What is it and do I need it?

How to copy large files faster.

Smart Home tips.